March 14, 2007

My Beading Instructor


You are the beads beneath my wings...
She's my best friend, my partner in crime, Lucy to my Ethel. Well some days I'm Lucy and she's Ethel, either way we are in trouble. Oh yeah and she's my Mom. She is my biggest cheerleader and supports me in all my crazy ideas. Thank goodness!

The bead doesn't roll far from the table.
You can see her beady talent at No Easy Beads. I've learned all my beading skills from her. One Thanksgiving it was the peyote stitch, 4th of July was Bead Crochet, last Spring it was bead embroidery. Every time we get together she has something new to teach me.
Here are the examples of the Mayan Cuff bracelet that she taught me last year. This is the sold out class she is teaching on the cruise. Mine is on the left, the right one is Mom's. I'm counting down the days until the Bead Cruise. I can't wait to hang out with my Mom for a whole week, beading our little hearts out!

4 comments:

d-c-designs said...

My mom is a crocheter, she tried to teach me once but I just couldn't catch on. That must be so much fun to share your passion for beading with your mom and get to go on a cruise together. Too cool! :)

Heather Powers said...

It is too cool Denise. She is my best bud, that's for sure.

Beverly Herman said...

Heather it means a lot to a Mom to be able to share an art together with her daughter. Reading your blog this morning with my coffee made my heart melt. It's easy being a cheerleader. What more could a Mom want in life than watch her daughter suceed as an Artist and Illustrator. I am very proud of you!!! Love You!

The Lone Beader® said...

WoW! These are beautiful! Great job. Someday I'm going to make a cuff like this - I just love 'em. :)