July 5, 2008

Waffle Boat Anyone?

Okay, first the winner of yesterday's bead drawing: Louise! Please email me your address.

Want another chance? Check out the Art Bead Scene today to see my new beads and to enter our weekly drawing.

All my reminiscing about South Haven yesterday brought up a terrible craving - waffle boats. I worked at a restaurant next to the pier when I was in high school. They made the most amazing waffle boats, yep, boat shaped waffles, filled with fresh blueberries, whipped cream and a little flag toothpick. AWESOME!


South Haven is the blueberry capital of the world, with their very own Blueberry Festival every year. Which happens during my birthday weekend in August. I wanted to stay in South Haven until my birthday, but I think my grandma would have worried that I was moving in! 9 days until my vacation. Poor Jess, he isn't going with us and looks like I stepped on his puppy every time I talk about us leaving!
That berry-licious photo was stolen from Rosanne's blog, I live vicariously through her postings of our hometown! Now I'm off to buy frozen waffles. : P

2 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

Where did the time go? Won't be long now until vacation time.
I love the new beads. They look great in your etsy shop and would look even better mixed up with some of my seed beads!!

Rosanne said...

I love those new wood beads, actually I have loved all the new things you've been working on lately. Counting down the days!