October 7, 2008

Harvest Napkin Ring Project

I was inspired by the great napkin ring project from Jennifer's blog last week. Do check out her project and beads. She's awesome! These would make a wonderful hostess gift or for a Thanksgiving celebration. You could change the color combination to fit your decor or season.


Harvest Napkin Rings

Supplies:

4 copper disks from Humblebeads

4 silver 5mm flat spacers

4 copper 14mm coin pearls

Nickel seed beads

Bronze bugle beads

4 gunmetal headpins

4 gunmetal headpins with balls

10" green wire mesh ribbon

Bracelet memory wire

Instructions:

1. Cut 1 loop of memory wire, cut at 1/4" after the loop overlaps.

2. Use round nose pliers to create a loop on one end. Use flat nose pliers to close the loop completely.

3. Randomly string bugle beads and nickel seed beads to cover the memory wire, leaving a 1/4" at the end. Use the round nose pliers to create another loop to close the wire.

4. String the flat spacer and disk bead on the ball headpin. Trim wire to 1/4" and create a loop with the round nose pliers. Attach to one of the memory wire loops.

5. String a nickel seed bead and pearl on a headpin. Trim the wire and create a loop, attach to the other memory wire loop.

6. Cut 2 1/2" of wire mesh ribbon, tie around the headpin loop of the disk bead. Twist the ends of the wire mesh to form a point. Pull the middle of the ribbon to open in the shape of a leaf.

Repeat to create 3 more napkin rings.

They look like a little pumpkin patch don't they? They almost make me want to go buy a set of cloth napkins. (I just happen to have one that I used as a back drop for something!) Ah, I will probably give this set as a hostess gift, I don't throw many fancy soirees.

4 comments:

Lucid Moon Studio said...

I love the napkin rings...perfect for Thanksgiving!

I've tagged you :) All the cool kids are playing, lol.
Please visit www.lucidmoonstudio.blogspot.com to read the rules and play along! Join in the fun!

Rosanne said...

Not fair, I tagged you too!!!
Now that you don't have much work to catch up on you can play!

Heather Powers said...

tagged? I get to play??? What a day!

-Lp'S Jewelry- said...

Heather thank you SO much for this blog post. I usually make my boyfriend's mother ornaments for Christmas. Last year I made her a Swarovski snowflake set of 5 and didn't know how to top it. I made napkin rings inspired by your blog here and she LOVED them. My boyfriend does lampwork so we incorporated some of his own beads to do a set for her hummingbird place settings. They came out so beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing this and helping me to give a memorable and wonderful gift.

If you'd like to see my version, I have them on my blog as well where I have linked this post and your homepage. Thanks again!!!

http://lpsjewelry.blogspot.com/2013/01/christmas-gifts-of-2012.html