November 6, 2008

Gift Guide Research

As you might already know Etsy's gift guide is a great collection of favorite picks from the Etsy Administration. Did you know they recently added a Hot List of different trends to their gift guides? The Hot List categories were picked by what items are most frequently searched and purchased on Etsy.

Does your work fit into one of the categories? Make sure you add the appropriate tag then. When I saw the woodland category I realized I had quite a few items in my shop that would fit but didn't have that tag.

A little snooping around in the gift guides can give you some ideas of what people shop for the holidays. Why not create your own gift guide on your blog featuring some of your favorite sellers or a gift guide of your own products in helpful shopping categories?

4 comments:

Rosanne said...

Thanks Heather for giving me another reason to sit in front of the Etsy screen. I know Etsy makes my butt look bigger, I can feel it as I sit here! That's a very good post and see even you learned a little from looking there.

Lorelei Eurto said...

Hi Heather!
SO wait, I'm confused. Are you saying that if I add certain tags to my listings, they could end up in the Hot List? For some reason I thought this was part of the guides that you have to pay to get into like the showcases?

Parrish70 said...

Thanks for the tip Heather! I am going to check it out right now. I just twittered with a link to your blog also. Thought I would share the good advice. =)
Colleen

Start To Finish Supplies said...

Wow. I had not heard of this. I am off to check it out!