May 22, 2009

Bead Sale!

This sale is a like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!

So my mom was talking to a friend and said friend wanted to know where she got a certain bead since she had never seen it in my shop. Ah, those were beads found on the bead table. You see, I make many beads that never see the light of day. One-of-kinds, ones that were maybe just a bit off in color or size from my regular line or an experiment. They end up in a big ceramic dish on my bead table. So I've decided to package up a few grab bags of these unique beads. They aren't seconds or flawed in any way, I'm just too lazy and too busy to take photographs of all of them. They are really beautiful collections. There is a least 5 beads in each grab bag. I have 8 of them made. (Click on the link to go to the listing.)

12 comments:

Rosanne said...

Hot dog!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your idea of putting the beads in the box of chocolates and how nicely they all fit in each of the wrappers. That is too cool!

Patty said...

What a fun idea! I bet they're amazing.

Heather Powers said...

thanks kelley, i love photoshop!

Anne said...

Since we can't actually eat those yummy beads, do we get the chocolates in our grab bag too?

Lori said...

What a fun idea. :D If I had the money to spare I'd totally get one of these grab bags. I hope you do this again someday when your dish becomes full again. :)

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh yeah...they are so mine! I didn't necessarily have money to spare, but I am so glad that I got me one of these grab bags. Your beads are top notch and they add such a level of sophistication and intrigue to my desigsn. Actually, it is a bit selfish...when I got to your Etsy site I cannot chose what I like best! So now you will be doing that for me and I love a good surprise. Enjoy the day! Erin

Sophie said...

love your collection! especially your amazing blue/green glass bead with the leaf pattern! I would totally want to use that with some leaf charms!

http://www.stonesandfindings.com

Anonymous said...

Amazing beads! Pls, pls, how much is it? I'd love to get some. Great idea!
Unfortunately here in Portugal there isn't much choice. It's so frustrating!
I'm Grace
wait for your answer. Thnks. Rgds
Graça (Grace in English)
email: grafia51@hotmail.com

Doreen said...

That photo is great! I didn't realize you'd used photoshop to make it til I read your comment above. Really cool!

Unknown said...

fun-they look good enough to eat
mona & the girls
love them set out like this..

Heather Powers said...

Thanks everyone, I had fun putting these together. I will offer more again soon.