September 24, 2009

Harvest Time

Sometimes when you are toiling away making jewelry for the magazines, it's a little like planting seeds. You know it will be months before you see the fruit of your labor and your work in print.

Today was harvest day my friends! Bead Trends sent my advanced copy for their October issue. I'm the featured designer and have 12 pages and 11 projects! They did such a beautiful job of the photography, I just keep looking at over and over again. What a joy.

I'm happy to say that I incorporated beads from some of my favorite beadmakers and will highlight them in a future blog post. I just had to share, I'm too excited tonight!

Above is my Harvest bead, one of the many in the magazine.

13 comments:

SummersStudio said...

How fantastic! I am looking forward to seeing your work and your posts on this. Congratualtions. You've worked hard and this is so well deserved. Well done!

susanc said...

Congratulations Heather!

Beverly Herman said...

Heather I am so proud of you and all your hard work. I can't wait to pick up the magazine. Congratulations!!

Vintajia Adornments said...

Congratulations! After all the hard work the outcome must be very gratifying

Mellisa said...

Holey Moley Heather! Congratulations! Hopefully I can track down a copy of the mag to see your gorgeous work (and the piece you used with some of my stuff)!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Heather! In your honor, I'm going to wear my Humblebeads necklace today. :-)

mairedodd said...

that is wonderful! congratulations! knowing you are going to be featured, and then seeing it concretely must be such an experience... i hope your feet don't touch the ground anytime soon! enjoy -

peacockfairy said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see this issue!

Alice said...

Oh, congratulations are in order! It must have been like Christmas morning to see the advance copy!

TesoriTrovati said...

Yippee! That is just the best feeling isn't it? To get that little white box on your doorstep...I have yet to see the issue, I am so excited for you though! Squeeeeee! Doing a little happy dance for you right now.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hey Heather, My advance copy of the Oct. issue arrived today. Your work (and the article) looks terrific! Congratulations!

Shai Williams said...

Congrats!! You deserve the recognition.

sue said...

Heather: I am new to your blog, but I am a huge fan, I love your work and I have kept all of your articles. You have really inspired me so needless to say I will be looking for this issue this week! Can't wait to see it!
Great Job!!