January 18, 2011

Creativity Booster

Be sure to sign up to have my weekly updates sent directly to your inbox. 

Yesterday I sent out a Creativity Boosters edition to my mailing list and challenged readers to find a color palette from a home magazine.  So that's exactly what I did.
Being addicted to my Ipod, I immediately pulled out an app to do the job. I snapped a photo from the magazine and used Color Stream to create a color palette.  Okay, here is the cool thing about that app - they have a program that searches flickr for photos based on your color palette.  And that's how I found the lovely butterfly image that will help inspire some new spring creations. 

I've been seeing these colors in magazines for both home and fashion. I've pulled some beads from my stash in these colors and will work on something with them soon. 

How are you challenging yourself this week?

Butterfly photo from cdw9.

The beads are available in my etsy shop this week.

Stop by tomorrow for Bead Table Wednesday.

5 comments:

Spirited Earth said...

i love these greens and coral(?)
they can work for any season..

TesoriTrovati said...

Okay. Why was I not on this list? I just signed up. I want to get my creativity boosted! And I WANT THAT APP! Thanks for sharing. I am seeking things for my next blog hop and this might just help!
Enjoy the day!
Erin
P.S. How sweet to get sent to your site to confirm my address and see my name there! ;-)

Unknown said...

Lovely color combo, it seems very current.

Unknown said...

I love your colours. I tried out the color stream but couldn't upload a photo. Then I remembered that I'd registered with an adobe.com site called http://kuler.adobe.com
you can create colour palettes and save them and also view lots of others that people have made.
Thanks for reminding me about this brilliant colour tool! I'll be using this for my polymer clay beads :)

My Life Under the Bus said...

I am challenging myself to not loose my mind as this is the first day the kids have gone to school in about a week !!! I have to get to work!