February 22, 2011

Carried Along

We are carried along in a stream -
some are aware of the invisible forces pulling them,
some float without a thought as to where the current is taking them.

Some days I'm in that current,
not thinking about the future or plans -
just working away in the jumble of the day to day.

And then sometimes flotsam gets thrown into the mix
and suddenly the waters are stirred in unexpected ways
And there is a moment when you realize you can swim against the current. 
You can create a sail. 

There are no limits as to where you can travel. 
Cast off the nets that bind - the old thoughts, habits and patterns.

Swim upstream, make a break for it.

Change your life and stop letting the current carry you away from your dreams.

This is a note to myself as my family faces momentous changes that have knocked me out of that complacent stream and I find myself facing the waves and breakers that are crashing over me.

So thankful for the bright stars in my life that help point the way.
friends
family
faith

7 comments:

Alice said...

What a lovely, thoughtful post. I hope you find your way back on course.

The starfish pendants are just beautiful!

Malin de Koning said...

Wonderful post! Wonderful! I think I will copy the text, make a nice graphic arrangement with fonts and so, print it and put it on my wall.

rosebud101 said...

Hang in there! It will all work out!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Many blessings to you and your family, Heather. "This too shall pass" as they say. Bigger and better things are in the works for you all.

I really love the starfish pendants and beads!

Much love,

Genea

Elysian Studios said...

What a powerful, honest post, Heather. You go make that sail, girl! You have amazing talent, yet I imagine there's a beautiful network of family and friends that support it. Find your balance, and much love to you and your process.

Sincerely,
Erin

Heather Powers said...

Thank you for the kind words today. They are very much needed!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

You're welcome :) Glad to bring some cheer to you. Remember, all of us in your beady family are here for you when you need us!

Much love,

Genea