May 5, 2011

Charming Design Ideas

Okay, I better make a bijillion more little charms because they are WAY too much fun to play with, ideas are just popping up left and right! 

The inspiration for the charms were for small gifts for graduations and birthdays for the younger crowd - so I was thinking of pairing them up with simple Vintaj charms, Czech glass and stamped disks on delicate cable chain.

Above, A Mighty Oak - I love that acorns symbolize potential - such a small seed grows into a mighty tree.  Kinda perfect for a birthday gift don't you think?  Loving the new charms and pendants from Vintaj.

The second pendant is a copper blank that has been stamped with a texture plate and antiqued.  I layered on a Willow Charm in midnight blue.  A simple piece like this would be great for impulse purchases for summer shows.

I have two free projects that will be in my newsletter tomorrow featuring the new charms - make sure you are signed up

And another new bead design I have in the works - some simple faux bois pendants that would be great for layering on charms.  I'm thinking of doing them in a few colors like red and teal - I'm kinda going for an old barn wood feel.  They would look super cute with a brass owl charm layered on them.

I think adding a collection of simple pieces to your booth during shows or in your shop can really boost your sales - impulse purchases rule!  I wish I was doing some summer shows, I miss those fun arts in the park ones in West Michigan.  Outdoor summer shows in Texas are torture - let's slow roast the crafters!

OOOHH - totally random alert - wait until you see the beads that Jess is making.  Such a talented guy and who knew he could design such cuteness!!!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Lovely Heather - I especially like the willow charm but then I do love all of your willow pieces. Excited to see Jess' new beads! And speaking of Poetry for the Skeptic, I just blogged about some of his earrings here:

http://songbeads.blogspot.com/2011/05/etsy-earrings.html

They are some of my favourites :-)

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! I love that you paired the charms with larger pendants. Awesome!

Cindy said...

Heather, your new pendant necklaces are really sweet. Would wear all of them in a heartbeat. And your recent mini charms are really adorable - what a dapper little fox you created!

earthlyjewels said...

I absolutely love charm necklaces (and bracelets!) and yours are really gorgeous!