August 16, 2011

Inspired by: Zen Gardens

My upcoming book, Jewelry Designs from Nature, is all about inspiration from the natural world and one of my missions in life is to help inspire those on their creative journey. This is week eight!

This week's inspiration is Zen Garden! Your design can be inspired by the photograph or dragonflies in general.  This lotus flowers, bamboo, Buddha, cherry blossoms, om symbols, smooth stones and wood beads.

Details:You have one week to complete a piece of jewelry inspired by the weekly theme. The entries have to be created this week - you can finish something you've already started, but the purpose of the challenge is to inspire you to make something new related to the challenge!

Anything goes, it can include Humblebeads or not, art beads or whatever you have in your stash. It's up to you and however the inspiration strikes you for that week.

To enter add your photo to the Inspired By Nature Jewelry Challenge Flickr group. On Tuesday I will draw one random winner from the week's entries and feature them here on my blog. (Monday night is the deadline for entries.)

Here are some inspiration ideas to get your gears churning!




The winner this week will receive 2 sets of Random Acts of Beadiness Disk Beads worth $30!

Order my book today!

The books are now in stock - you can find ordering information on my site, a list of Humblebeads featured in the projects and my upcoming book events! 

For those who have pre-ordered books they are shipping out this week. 

Exciting times here in the Humblebeads studio!
Have fun with this week's challenge - I can't wait to see what you make.

The upcoming challenges:

 Next week we dive into the sea!

Week 9: Urchins

Week 10: Waves

Week 11: Starfish

Week 12: Driftwood

4 comments:

mairedodd said...

i have been making zen components all day long - need a pic for btw... this is a great one! and thank you for including me heather...

Karyn B said...

Thanks so much for featuring my lotus necklace as an example of Zen inspiration. I'm waiting very impatiently for my copy of your book. Can't wait for it!

Anonymous said...

is there a winner allready? I'm so curious :)

Anonymous said...

is there a winner? It's tuesday allready :)