December 28, 2012

Holiday Memories

Our first Christmas here couldn't have been more magical.  We were all little elves as we worked on gifts, decorated and wrapped presents.  We enjoyed time with our family, including a crazy cookie making party where I swear we made over 200 cookies.  We had Christmas here at the house in the country.  We shared a meal, gifts and many laughs.  This is where my bliss lives.  Surrounded by those I love, in a quite, nature-filled space.  I wake up every day so thankful. 

The house was decorated with simple decorations inspired by nature - pine cones, acorns, birds, trees, lots of evergreen that I snipped from my twin pines outside.

Sweet treats where everywhere - on the kitchen counter I lined mason jars with ribbon candy, candy canes and more. 

This tiny tree sits in my kitchen. I decorated it with sari ribbon, paper and felt roses and tiny Humblebeads pendants that were tucked away in my stash.

We keep our decorations up until after the New Year.  We like to extend the celebration.  We like to spend the week after Christmas watching movies, crafting, doing a little diy, working on puzzles and just snuggled in the house together.  I don't think my teens are digging as much as I am, they are starting to get a little stir crazy.  So some ice-skating and cocoa drinking are probably in order for this weekend, along with a movie downtown - I hope!  

Thank you to all who stop by and read the blog.  Thank you for your support over this year.  Thank you for your kindness, friendship and encouragement.  I'm wishing you the best and brightest for 2013!

3 comments:

Terri D said...

Such a beautiful tree and wonderful decorations! Simple can make a BIG statement, and your choices certainly do. Thank for sharing your holiday time with us! Happy new year to you, too!

Alice said...

How wonderful to celebrate Christsmas in your new home. Your decorations are lovely!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Sounds and looks like you had a beautiful Christmas! So happy to hear you have found bliss in your new home.

Thank you for inspiring me with your creativity Heather! Happy New Year to you and your family!